How Does CIS Benefit Employers?
- CIS can help companies meet their Workforce Initiative and Diversity goals.
- CIS facilitates job matching between a job candidate's educational and work histories, job interests and capabilities, and your worksite needs.
- CIS provides on-site job training to teach new employees the skills they need to accomplish their specific job tasks. In many cases, long-term services are available. The employer or employee can contact CIS for employee re-training or assistance solving other worksite issues.
- Employer Tax Credits are available to employers when they hire many of the people CIS serves, as well as meet other eligibility criteria.
- All CIS job candidates are pre-screened for criminal backgrounds.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Working with CIS makes smart business sense. Working with us can help an employer to save money by lowering turnover and providing supplemental training at no cost. Additionally, by hiring employees through CIS, you may by eligible to receive the Work Opportunity Tax Credit. For more information, download the WOTC brochure here.
Diverse Workforce Goal
Federal contractors and subcontractors now have a diverse workforce goal (Amended Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973): 7% of individuals in each job group in their workforce should consist of qualified individuals with disabilities. CIS can help your business meet that goal, and for more information, please contact: email@example.com.